● Our website
● Our collection and use of your personal information
● Our legal basis for processing your personal information
● Change of purpose
● How long will we use your personal data for
● Who we share your personal information with
● Whether information has to be provided by you, and if so why
● The impact of our use of your personal information
● Transfer of your information out of the UK and EEA
● Cookies and similar technologies
● Your rights
● Keeping your personal information secure
● How to complain
● How to contact us
● Do you need extra help?
Throughout our website we may link to other websites owned and operated by certain trusted third parties to supply you with informal blog posts on the latest comic book news or share a trailer for an upcoming comic book movie(s)/video game(s). These other third-party websites may also gather information about you in accordance with their own separate privacy policies. For privacy information relating to these other third-party websites, please consult their privacy policies as appropriate.
iComic Industries is a participant in the Entertainment Earth, Forbidden Planet Ltd and Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, affiliate advertising programmes designed to provide a means for sites to advertising fees by advertising and linking to entertainmentearth.com, forbiddenplanet.com and amazon.com.
Our collection and use of your personal information:
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you, which we have grouped together, follows:
● Identity Data includes first name, last name, username or similar identifier, title, and gender.
● Contact Data includes home address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
● Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access our websites.
● Profile Data includes your username and password, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
● Usage Data includes information about how you use our websites.
● Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
We use this personal information to:
● create and manage your account with us.
● verify your identity.
● customise our website and its content to your particular preferences.
● notify you of any changes to our website or to our services that may affect you.
● improve our business services.
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health
and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
If you fail to provide personal data. Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with goods). In this case, we may have to cancel the contract you have with us but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
This website is not intended for use by children and we do not knowingly collect or use personal information relating to children.
We collect personal information about you when you access our website, register with us, contact us, send us feedback, post material to our website and complete customer surveys or participate in competitions via our website.
We collect this personal information from you either directly, such as when you register with us, contact us or purchase goods via our website or indirectly, such as your browsing activity while on our website (see ‘Cookies’ below).
Automated technologies or interactions. As you interact with our website, we may automatically collect Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this personal data by using cookies, server logs and other similar technologies. We may also receive Technical Data about you if you visit other websites employing our cookies.
Third parties or publicly available sources. We may receive personal data about you from various third parties and public sources as set out below:
● Technical Data from the following parties:
o analytics providers such as Google based outside the EU;
o advertising networks; and
o search information providers.
● Contact Data, Financial Data and Transaction Data from providers of technical, payment and delivery services.
Our legal basis for processing your personal information:
When we use your personal information, we are required to have a legal basis for doing so. There are various different legal bases on which we may rely, depending on what personal information we process and why.
The legal bases we may rely on include:
● consent: where you have given us clear consent for us to process your personal information for a specific purpose.
● contract: where our use of your personal information is necessary for a contract we have with you, or because you have asked us to take specific steps before entering into a contract.
● legal obligation: where our use of your personal information is necessary for us to comply with the law (not including contractual obligations).
● legitimate interests: where our use of your personal information is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of a third party (unless there is a good reason to protect your personal information which overrides our legitimate interests).
Change of purpose:
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to get an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact us.
If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
How long will we will use your personal data for:
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
Details of retention periods for different aspects of your personal data are set out in the table above.
In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data under a request erasure, please contact us for further information.
In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
Whether information has to be provided by you, and if so why:
We require you to provide name and email address to send out emails, to the correct email address, for marketing purposes. We will inform you at the point of collecting information from you, whether you are required to provide the information to us.
Cookies and other tracking technologies:
We would like to send you information about goods, competitions, upcoming releases/pre orders and special offers, which may be of interest to you. Where we have your consent or it is in our legitimate interests to do so, we may do this by post, email, telephone, text message (SMS) or automated call.
We will only ask whether you would like us to send you marketing messages when you tick the relevant boxes.
If you have previously agreed to being contacted in this way, you can unsubscribe at any time by:
—contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org —using the ‘unsubscribe’ link in emails or ‘STOP’ number in texts It may take up to 1 days for this to take place.
For more information on your rights in relation to marketing, see ‘Your rights’ below.
Under the UK GDPR and EU GDPR (to the extent it applies to you) you have a number of important rights free of charge. In summary, those include rights to:
● fair processing of information and transparency over how we use your use personal information.
● require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold.
● require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations.
● receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations.
● object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing.
● object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you.
● object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information.
● otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individual rights under the General Data Protection Regulation.
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please:
● email, call or write to us
● let us have enough information to identify your account number, user name, registration details, email address)
● let us have proof of your identity and address (a copy of your driving licence or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill), and
● let us know the information to which your request relates including any account or reference numbers, if you have them
Keeping your personal information secure:
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost, or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
If you want detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your information and your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit www.getsafeonline.org. Get Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading businesses.
How to complain
We hope that we can resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your information.
If the UK GDPR applies to you have the right to complain to the UK is the Information Commissioner who may be contacted at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or telephone: 0303 123 1113.
If the EU GDPR applies to you it gives you the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority in a European Economic Area state, normally live or if any alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred in the relevant state.
How to Contact Us
Individuals in the UK
If you wish to contact us, please send an email to email@example.com.
Individuals in the EEA
Individuals within the EEA can contact us please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do you need extra help?